Silver Barrel (Mini)
Forget about high operating cost, electricity, chemicals and maintenance that comes with a conventional Hot Tub. We have developed the perfect hot tub for the cottage. The Cottage Tub is designed to take 450 gallons/ 1705 Litres of lake water (Friday night) and heat it to hot tub temperatures (100-104 degrees F) in 2-3 hours, depending on your starting temperatures. The heating component is our smallest wood burning pool heater known as the Mini (https://www.woodstovepools.com/silver-barrel), which is designed to heat a 10,000 gallon swimming pool, thus the reason it heats the Cottage Tub so fast and efficiently. Once the tub is heated to operational temperatures it takes only an armful of wood per day to maintain those temperatures. Empty the water into your gardens, lawn on Sunday before heading home, a true environmental conscience Hot Tub (No chemicals required).
The Cottage Tub and Wood Burning Stove (The Mini) are 100% stainless steel. The stainless steel is a key feature in the Cottage Tub’s construction giving it longevity and many many years of enjoyment; there is no other hot tub on the market made of stainless steel.
Technical Specs: 3 Ways to Install
Thermosiphoning – Utilizing our thermosiphoning ports, the cold water is drawn natural into the wood burning stove, as it is heats it will rise up the walls of the stove and out the top port into the tub. This is a great option for those cottages off grid – (This would fall under option A in the pricing chart)
Thermosiphoning with a pump a filter – Same as # 1 above while also incorporating # 3 below. This is a great option for those cottages off grid, but having solar power stored. The Cottage Tub can be heated using the thermosiphoning ports and occasionally the pump is turned on to help circulate and clean the water. The pump is 1.3 amps and does not draw very much electricity. (This would fall under option B in the pricing chart)
Like a conventional hot tub or pool. The pump pulls the water from the Cottage Tub, pushes it through the filter, then through the wood burning heater and back to the Cottage Tub through the 2 action jets. This gives you the ability to place the heater within 10 feet of the Cottage Tub, even bury the lines if you choose. (This would fall under option B in the pricing chart)
STAINLESS STEEL LAST FOREVER!
- 100% stainless Steel
- 6-foot tub
- Seats 4 to 6 people comfortable with one of the seats being a deep seat.
- Uses lake water – no chemicals required.
- Fastest heating wood burning hot tub on the market, it heats a 10,000-gallon pool, therefore heats our 450-gallon Cottage Tub in 2 hours – this is unheard of!
- Can operate without electricity using thermosiphoning, perfect for those cottages off grid (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermosiphon)
- Very light to move into position, 2 people can easily put the tub into place. We have put the Cottage Tub on boats in order to get them installed – Cottage Tub is 180 lbs, heater is 85 lbs.
- Did we mention it is 100% stainless steel and as a result will be passed down through the family.
- (optional) Can cook inside the wood burning stove while heating the Cottage Tub – ask about our grill kit.
- (optional) The only Wood Burning Hot Tub on the market that can come with a pump and filter. The pump draws 1.3 amps and is 1/15th HP, therefore, those cottages that use solar, the draw from the pump is so minimal that this could be an option for you.
- (optional) The pump circulates the water through the filter giving you a cleaner hot tub and then through the 2 jets giving you water circulation and action.
- (optional) Cedar siding
- (optional) Conventional Hot Tub cover
Cover - Charcoal Colour
ASTM Standard F-1346: All covers meet the ASTM Standards as a manual safety cover.
Built To Last: With proper care and cleaning, our spa covers can last for years.
Made tough to withstand the harsh wet outdoors. Cold-crack resistant; UV inhibitors; anti-microbial treated; mildew inhibitors.
Double stitched for extra strength where it counts. Reinforced with four thick layers of vinyl. Engineered with cover lifters in mind.
Our foam cores are strengthened across the width with 20 gauge thick galvanized C-channels to prevent sagging or caving under heavy loads of snow.
Facilitates water run-off and protects from rain damage. We make our cover with a high R-value for greater insulation. Slant: 5×3 slant with 1 pound foam.
Won’t rust or corrode. Glides smoothly to make core removal easy.
Offers customers an extra measure of security.
Cores are tightly wrapped with 4-mil thick polyethylene to lock out moisture. Extra wide 1/4″ seams are heat-sealed to resist splitting.
Designed to hold in heat, stop water evaporation, and protect the spa’s acrylic edge. Standard measures 2-1/2″, but we can customize!